Wednesday 15 July 2009

Meet my new Heuchera - Can Can

Well, as I've recently had my first month's pay packet I figured - what better way to celebrate than to pick out a couple of plants?!

So, I have a gorgeous smelling thyme - which i've yet to pot up - and a new Heuchera to replace the one that's just carped it. I'm hoping that this one fairs better. It was surprisingly hard deciding which Heuchera to choose - eventually I narrowed it down to either Silver Scrolls, or Can Can. In the end I went with Heuchera Can Can as I liked the more purpley tinge to the leaves - although the Silver Scrolls plants were more mature and had flowers which looked absolutely fabulous. I might end up adding a Heuchera Silver Scrolls to my collection yet!

I've just popped the new plant into the pot which the previous Heuchera had lived in... although looking at it I can't quite decide if its colouring clashes or not with the pot colour. I might have to switch it around, but I'll see how it goes... I've also relocated the pot so that it's nearer the door in the hope that the shadier spot will improve its chances of survival - not that the previous location (or indeed really any of my doorstep garden) is really that heavily bathed in sunlight!



6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Lovely foliage... good choice! I think that the colour of the pot matches the foliage. Sometimes it is exciting to mix contrasting colours together. Have a wonderful day!

Helen/patientgardener said...

I'm not a big Heuchera fan but that one does look nice

Sandy said...

This is a beautiful foliage plant! I love its shape and shade on the leaves.

Flora said...

I hope it'll flower soon ... although as it hasn't done yet I guess I"ll have to wait until next year. There's one at the nursery called 'Silver Scrolls' which is particularly gorgeous and has lovely delicate white(ish) flowers on it at the top of long wispy stems :o)

Linda said...

Very stylish in that pot. And another advantage is that bees seem to love the flowers.

Brad said...

it looks lovely :)