Tuesday 15 September 2009

I just love my new local wildlife

Apologies for the extreme slowness in posting...

Anyway, whilst not reporting here, I have been paying close attention to my 'garden' all summer. In particular I've really enjoyed the wildlife that it has attracted - mainly in the form of 100s of hoverflies and later on bumblebees. It has been great to think that my relatively small number of containers has still been found by them and that these insects have enjoyed and benefited from my flowers. In particular they seemed to enjoy the alliums, my shockingly pink/purple geranium and my nepeta/catmint.

Better late than never... here's a couple of the bees enjoying a feast back in July :o) Any ideas what type of bees they are? They're such a fab golden colour.


1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Hello Flora, how are you? It is wonderful to watch those creature enjoying themselves isn't it? I enjoy their presence too. It is fun to watch them fighting for nectar :-) Sorry I am not familiar with bees. Have another enjoyable day!