Tuesday 16 June 2009

New Job = New Plants = Happy Days/Hours Pottering!

Well, I'm starting to realise that my new job might see my hard earnt cash leaving my bank account as soon as it lands there - not helped by the fact that staff are allowed to run up a tab. Now, a tab in a bar would not interest me at all - but a tab at a nursery selling lots of interesting (and some pretty unusual) plants and I'm in trouble!

I spend all day picking out plants for customer orders so it's hard not to start putting the odd one or two by for myself. Anyway, today I had a really tiring/lousy day and decided to indulge in some retail therapy... and brought these sweeties home with me :o) (I'm hoping that bad days aren't too frequent or this plant buying could get out of control!).

So, I tidied my rather neglected looking pots, turfed out and binned the knackered/unhappy looking french lavender amongst other things, and finally have given up on the Heuchera which sadly has carped it (how on earth did I manage to kill a Heuchera??! - I'm going to blame its demise on the viscious greenfly attack last month). Now there's free pot space and the 'need' for plants to re-occupy them.

Here are the new (hopefully) happy residents of one pot:

The cutest Aquilegia (Aquilegia discolor) ever, with
Astrantia 'Roma' (love the delicate pink papery flowers) and Nepeta racemosa 'Walker's Low' (catmint):

I've also include one Scabiosa caucasica for it's soft blue/purple flowers and hey presto! This is the final overal effect:



No comments: