Wednesday 22 April 2009

Setting the scene - welcome to my 'garden'

Hello, and welcome to my blog. 
Original I know, but I had to simply start typing or I would never had begun this at all. I'm hoping this page will give me an outlet for my horticultural thoughts, whitterings and questions... and that I might hopefully along the way also discover others who also know what it's like to obsessively pour over a plant catalogue as if the future survival of the planet depended on which variety of rose/cabbage/lavender you choose! (My husband can testify as to the amount of hours, if not days, that I can spend doing this). To be fair though - I like to think that as I have only a very limited amount of 'gardening' space that this is why I must decide carefully as to which plants I grow. So before we go any further I would like to introduce you to my gardening domain - meet my pots! 

This is how my 'garden' looked on the 20th March '09 this year:



I started my pot garden (in the non drug related sense!) in June '08... and must admit that already in the time since this photo was taken, that there have been the odd one or two developments (read: additions). My main limitations are, as you can see, space, and that the doorway leads to not only my flat, but another also - so it must remain accessible. I'm lucky though as the area does get the afternoon sun. I'm hoping, as time goes on, to develop the garden and increase it so that it cascades down the steps... just watch this space, it's only a matter of time (oh, and budget).

4 comments:

red studio said...

What a beautiful photo. Great job on the pot garden. Love the blue door.

Flora said...

Thanks Red Studio :o)

Heather said...

What a wonderful idea. Never a wrong spot for flowers, and we can never have too many who try new things. Love it!!

Flora said...

Heather: I'm glad you like my garden. I'm certainly enjoying it, just wondering how long it will be before getting in/out of the house is tricky!